For Complete Beginners
Want to learn to make some of the things you see in my portfolio all by yourself and without any fancy gadgets? I started my cake decorating business and built my portfolio in less than a year and all using basic tools that many of us have in our own kitchen!
TBA 2014 Dates
Please email me!
TBA (Usually 2 Hours)
Newmaket Public Library
438 Park Ave.
Sample Lesson Plan:
Learn to make a cake similar to these!!
The cost of this course is less then the cost to have the cake you will learn to make made by any bakery!
- how to level a cake
- how to fill a cake
- basic icing technique
- working with fondant
- how to cover a cake in fondant
- basic support systems for a tiered cake
- how to make simple decorations for your cake (a bow, curly cues, cut outs, loopy letters, animal prints, etc.)
- simple trims (balls, ribbon, grass, braids)
- review of some simple gadgets you may consider for future
Note that this is a demonstration-style class geared towards absolute beginners with lots of opportunity for questions, looking close-up, touching and volunteers.
By the end of this course you will learn how to make a cake similar to the examples shown above for your family. Just bring a good set of eyes, notepad and pen and get ready to watch me in action and learn...
- FREE grab bags for all participants
- FREE Special coupons to get you started
- FREE "cheat sheets", study notes and templates to take home
- FREE hot drinks and treats while you learn
- FREE ongoing support and access to me, post-class, for any questions or refreshers
- Draw to win the cake we learn to make in class!
$20.00 for Youth under age 13
*adult required to attend with them. No additional discounts on youth tickets please
Early Bird Registration
by Friday February 1st is ONLY $50.00!!
$10.00 discount when you bring a friend
$10.00 discount for LWAB Members
*partial proceeds from LWAB registrations will be donated back to the York North Chapter of Life With A Baby*
*only 1 discount option can be applied per person. Early Bird + $10.00 discount (so $40 tickets) are ok!*
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Registration for the course is only confirmed once payment has been received. PLEASE REMIT YOUR PAYMENT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR REGISTRATION ONLINE TO HOLD YOUR SPOT.
Please arrange to drop off payment to me via cash or cheque upon registration, send me an email money transfer (to email@example.com) or pay via Pay Pal below before the due date.
**VIRGIN ICE fondant will also be available for purchase at the event and direct through Connie Berenguer post event!